What is Node.Js?
What is Node.js?
- better efficiency and overall developer productivity
- code sharing and reuse
- speed and performance
- easy knowledge sharing within a team
- a huge number of free tools
Main Features of Node.js
- Asynchronous and Event-Driven: Node doesn’t wait for results and doesn’t block other calls. Whenever it receives a request, it will immediately handle the request, after it finishes executing it will run a callback to notify the results of the execution. It’s running on a single thread with the event loop.
- High Scalability: the events mechanism makes Node.js can be easily scalable.
- It’s very fast: the non-blocking IO system makes Node.js blazing fast.
- Community: the Node’s community is very active and always eager to help. With their support, the quality of the packages consistently improves.
- NPM: is a tool that handles installing and updating reusable modules from the online collection. It manages the version and dependencies of the reusable modules that we are using for building our app.